Kutztown University Writing Center is all online this semester (as of 3/23/2020)
Your WCONLINE website is located at https://kutztown.mywconline.com
Our Spring 2020 ONLINE hours
Monday- Thursday 11am -8pm
TO BEGIN USING YOUR WCONLINE SITE:
- GO TO THE SITE ABOVE AND REGISTER.The first time that you go to your WCONLINE installation, you will have to register for an account on the system. To do so, click the ‘Register for an account’ link on the login page and fill out the form. You can make a specific login for WCOnline or use your Kutztown University credentials. Just be sure to remember your login information.
- Make an appointment with one of our graduate assistants by clicking on the box for that day and time. Sessions are a ½ long, like they were in our physical center.
3. Next, please fill out appointment form, and then click MAKE APPOINTMENT at the bottom.
4. Next, you will get a screen, which confirms your appointment. When it is time for your appointment, click on the red START OR JOIN ONLINE CONSULTATION link.
5. Once you click START OR JOIN ONLINE CONSULTATION, you will be taken to the start of your session. Note: It may take a minute for your video screen and the tutor’s screen to both show up on the left side of your screen. Under your screen, you should click the video and audio to be on.
6. When you open the session, you will see written material/ guidance. To import your essay to the screen/ discussion , click the two arrows button on the top right to import the essay off your computer.Once the essay is imported, you and the tutor can discuss the essay together, orally, while also having a real-time written ”chat” down the right side of the screen. Please let the tutor know if you would like him/her to email your professor that you attended a UWC session (provide professor’s name and class). This is not required.
- To end the session, simply close out the window with the video chat.
Welcome back, KU Golden Bears! Come visit us at the KUWC!
THE FOLLOWING IS NOT FOR SPRING 2020 AFTER MARCH 13, 2020
We are located in Rohrbach Library 100C.
(behind the information desk by the cubicles)
Regular Semester Hours:
MON-THU: 11am – 9pm
FRI: 11am – 5pm
SUN: 2pm – 9pm
Drop by, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 610.683.4733 to make an appointment.
We highly recommend making an appointment!
Please note: when KU has a delay or closing, so does the Writing Center.
We will only be able to answer emails on days and times where the Center is open.
Please check our Facebook page for any updates about delays or closings!
Please report problems with this site to the KUWC Director: Dr. Pytleski
The Kutztown University Writing Center is dedicated to supporting scholarship, creativity and composition on campus. The KUWC opens approximately the second week of every semester. We have limited hours during finals week and are closed during summer sessions. In addition, when the University closes, so does the Writing Center.
Students are invited to bring ideas and drafts for any class. We welcome all essays, literary analyses, biology research papers, teaching philosophies, sociology case studies–you name it! Creative writing is welcome, too!
Our goal is to aid students in exploring rhetorical purpose, audience, and genre as they compose. Through friendly conversation and careful analysis, the student and KUWC consultant together will discover not only means of improving drafts but also strategies a student can use to improve his or her writing over time. Consultants provide feedback as honest and interested readers, commenting on focus, organization, development, mechanics, and style.